Monday, February 11, 2008

Art & Soul at Asilomar!

I'm getting excited about going to the Art & Soul "Mini" art retreat in Asilomar in April! I'm taking a 2-day nature journal class from LK Ludwig, and a class called Flourished Layers from Traci Bautista. It's going to be so much fun! I have to get busy and start making ATCs to trade - eek! It's a little scary as I don't know anyone else who's going and I don't really feel up to the level of what I see in the workshops. Actually it's really scary and intimidating! But I'm trying not to think about those feelings and concentrate on the anticipation of learning from all the other artists that will be there, and all the new friends I'll make.

I was looking at the classes for the Art & Soul in Hampton in May. I'm not going, but if I were, I don't know how I would decide on what classes to take! There are so many fantastic classes! I'm hoping I'll be able to go to the one in Oregon in the fall, but it's too early to know.

Art Unraveled in Phoenix (August 3-10) will be opening registration later this week. I'm sure I'm going to go since it's only about a 5 or 6-hour drive from here, but I'm not sure for how many days. I'd like to be there all week! Again, there are so many great classes, it's going to be hard to decide what classes to register for.

I just got LK Ludwig's book about Nature Journaling, and I plan to read through it as carefully as possible before the retreat.

Meanwhile, I had better get back to cutting paper for my class on Wednesday, or I won't be getting much sleep Tuesday night!

2 comments:

Becky Mairi Farrell said...

Diane

You are one of the winners of my OWOH journal giveaway. I'm going to be sending you the "Fire" journal. Please let me know your address and I will put it in the post.

Becky x

reallyrainbow@gmail.com

Angie in AZ said...

This will be my 5th yr. attending art unraveled! Keep in touch and let me know what you are taking!