Friday, August 8, 2008

Book Review: Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, Book #1) Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

Rating: 5 of 5 stars
OK, maybe "It was amazing" (as Goodreads defines 5 stars) is an exaggeration, but I enjoyed this book enough to re-read it, which doesn't happen often. This is the first book I've read in the genre of "contemporary supernatural [romance]".

I greatly enjoyed the book. The "rules" for the supernatural beings (primarily werewolves, but others are included) are believable and consistent, with social rules, and stuff like that.

Lots of action, enough romance to be exciting and keep you guessing (it's not the primary reason for the story).

The characters are believable and well-defined. She does well with the narrative first person form of the book. I've since read everything else I could find by her and she has become one of my favorite authors.

Highly recommended.
View all my reviews.

No comments: